REAL NAME: Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie
STAGE NAME: Yul Edochie
NET WORTH: Yul Edochie net worth is estimated at $1.85 Million
DATE OF BIRTH: Born on 7 January 1982 [ age is 35 years]
OCCUPATION: Nigerian actor and firm producer
STATE OF ORIGIN: Enugu
PARENTS: Pete Edochie and Josephine Edochie
EDUCATION/ ALMA MATER: University of Port Harcourt
WIFE/SPOUSE(s): May Aligwe (m. 2004)
RELATIVES: Linc Edochie (Brother) Muna Obiekwe (cousin), Queen Dinma Edochie (Cousin),
Rita Edochie (Aunt)
Born Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie better known as Yul Edochie, is a Nigerian actor and firm producer, named after popular Russian actor Yul Brynner. Yul is the son of Nigerian actor Pete Edochie. The Nollywood actor is one of the highly sought after entertainer in Nigeria today and as a role model to both the young and old, people tend to source for facts about him, some of the most frequently asked questions about the veteran actor are pete edochie and family, yul edochie brother, yul edochie mother, yul edochie siblings, yul edochie wedding pictures, yul edochie parents, josephine edochie, yul edochie age etc.
Yul Edochie is the last child from a family of six and got married at a very young age at the 22 precisely. The actor and philanthropist received a Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Arts from University of Port Harcourt.
Early Life, Background , Childhood And Education
Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie is the son of a well-known Nigerian actor, Pete Edochie. He was birthed born on 7 January 1982 and raised in Enugu state of Nigeria. He is one of the most successful actors in Nigeria’s Nollywood today and has featured in more than one hundred Nollywood firms where he often play the role of a prince. He is the last child from the family of Pete Edochie, one of the pillars that holds Nigerian Movie Industry. He did his basic education at Lillians’ Day Nursery School and Robinson Street Primary School, Enugu between 1984 and 1992. He attended secondary education from 1992 to 1998 at Marist Brothers’ Juniorate, Uturu , New Haven Boys Secondary School Enugu, University Secondary School Enugu and Ecumenical Community Secondary School Enugu. After completing his basic education, he proceeded to University of Port Harcourt where he bagged a Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Arts. He finally called it a wrap in education and dived into acting.
Career Inception And Fame
Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie who is more popular by the simplified version of his name Yul Edochie officially joined Nollywood in 2005 in his first film titled “The Exquires” alongside the Late Justus Esiri and Enebeli Elebuwa. He rose to stardom in 2007 after featuring alongside Genevieve Nnaji and Desmond Elliot in the movie titled “Wind Of Glory”, directed by Tchidi Chikere. This movie propelled him into the scene but he didn’t stop there. Yul didn’t feel too comfortable due to his fame, he kept working had, doing series of movies, thrilling his audience with his charisma, artistic skills eloquence, good diction and awesome deep voice.
His career started growing beyond expectations and his fan base increased extremely. He is now ranked as one of the highest paid Nigerian actors and most sorted after in Nollywood Nigeria. Yul is massively loved , appreciated and respected by many all over the world including his counterparts. In 2009 he won the city people’s award for best new actor and was nominated in 2011 for best actor.
Yul Edochie Academy
Aside Nollywood, Yul is also involved in other ventures, he launched a film academy in Lagos in the year 2015. The Yul Edochie Academy was established as a result of the decline in quality and professionalism of upcoming Nigerian actors and actresses. The academy is focused on training and developing the next generation of Nollywood actors and actresses. According to the actor, “he disclosed that he wish to do that personality” . The major goal is to gives talented people the opportunity to show case their talent in the Nigerian Film Industry so that people can see what they have got to offer to the public. He intend to mentor and steer young talent to greatness singlehandedly.
On the 14 of July 2017, Yul Edochie declared his intention to run for Governor of Anambra State. His intention to participate in politics was triggered in anticipation of a “Not Too Young To Run Bill” passed by the senate of the federal government of Nigeria. The declaration became official on the 22nd of August 2017, when he picked up the nomination form of the political party “Democratic Peoples Congress”and was eventually the flag bearer and gubernatorial candidate of the party to run for governor of Anambra State.
Yul Edochie: Fundation
In 2011 he founded the Yul Edochie foundation which aims at giving back to the society and helping the less privileged.
Yul Edochie: Family
Yul Edochie got married to his wife May Aligwe in 2004, when he was only 22 years old. He officially tied the knot with his wife after dating for six years. They both met in their University days, he approached her after gaining admission into University of Port Harcourt and she picked interest in him and agreed to settle down with him. The beautiful couple are currently blessed with three children- two boys and a girl. They are currently based in Lekki Peninsula, Lagos.
Apart from his legendary father, Yul cited people like Jim Iyke, Nonso Diobi, Charles Inojie, Ramsey Noah, Emeka Ike, Mike Ezuruonye and Ejike Asiegbu, as the people who were his role models in the Nigerian movie industry. While in the foreign scene, he listed some Hollywood artist like Al Pacino, Robert Deniro, among his icons.
Awards And Nominations
- Won Best Actor at 2013 Pamsaa Awards
- Won Best Actor of the Year (English) at 2013 City People Entertainment Awards
- Won Best New Actor Of The Year (English) at 2009 City People Entertainment Awards
- Nominated for Best Actor at 2015 Afrifimo Awards
- Nominated for Best Lead Male at 2014 Nollywood Movies Awards
- Nominated for Best Actor In A Supporting Role at 2012 Nollywood Movies Awards
- Innocent Pain,
- My Loving Heart,
- Gaza Treasure,
- Royal Challenge,
- Haunted Shadows,
- Kiss On a Royal Balcony,
- Save My King,
- To Live Again,
- His Royal Majesty,
- Prisoner of Love,
- True Forgiveness,
- Royal Challenge,
- Head of a Prince,
- The King and The Princess,
- Wisdom of The King
and over 50 other Nigerian movies
- The Palace (Soap Opera).
- Royal Castle (Soap Opera).
- Tinsel (TV series) (Soap Opera)
10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Yul Edochie
1. Yul Edochie born as Yul Chibuike Daniel Edochie on 7 January 1982 in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. He is married to May Aligwe and they are blessed with two beautiful sons and a daughter.
3. He is named after the famous Russian actor Yul Brynner and his father is the veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie.
4. He is the last of 6 children. He got married at the age of 22.
5. He attended Lillians’ Day Nursery School and Robinson Street Primary School, Enugu between 1984 and 1992.
6. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Arts from the University of Port Harcourt.
7. He broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene in 2005, in his film titled “The Exquires” alongside the Late Justus Esiri and Enebeli Elebuwa.
8. He got his break in 2007 after featuring alongside Genevieve Nnaji and Desmond Elliot in the movie “Wind of Glory”.
9. He won the 2009 City People Entertainment Awards for the Best New Actor of the Year and also won 2014 Nollywood Movies Awards as the Best Lead Male.
10. He has worked with prominent entertainments stars like Stephanie Okereke, Tonto Dikeh and Chioma Chukwuka to mention a few.
SOURCE: Bionetworth.com.ng and Youthvilage .com