FULL NAME: Robert Gabriel Mugabe
POPULARLY KNOWN AS: Robert Mugabe
NET WORTH : He is worth fortune but his actual net worth is unknown at this time
DATE OF BIRTH/AGE : Born 21 February 1924 (currently 94 years old)
OCCUPATION : Politician, former president of Zimbabwe from 1987 to 2017
NATIONALITY : Zimbabwean
MARITAL STATUS/WIFE: Married to Grace Marufu, formally married was married to Ghanaian national Sally Hayfron
CHILDREN : 4 children including Bona
EDUCATION : University of Fort Hare, University of South Africa , University of London International Programmes
POLITICAL PARTY : National Democratic Party (1960–1961), Zimbabwe African People’s Union (1961–1963), Zimbabwe African National Union (1963–1987), Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front (1987–present).
Robert Gabriel Mugabe is a Zimbabwean revolutionary and politician. He is the former president of Zimbabwe , a position he held since 1987 and dropped in 2017. Robert Mugabe served as Prime Minister of Zimbabwe from 1980 to 1987 and then as President from 1987 to 2017. Mugabe submitted his resignation just hours after parliament started an impeachment process against the 93-year-old leader who was previously labelled as the world’s oldest sitting head of state.
Robert Gabriel Mugabe has held many position in the history of Zimbabwe. According to his profile, he was the chairman of Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU) group from 1975 to 1980 and led its successor political party, the ZANU – Patriotic Front (ZANU–PF), from 1980 to 2017. Mugabe was born to a poor Shona family in Kutama, Southern Rhodesia. He was birthed i into a family that suferred from abject poverty, he had his education at Kutama College and the University of Fort Hare. After completing his education, he got a job at Southern Rhodesia, Northern Rhodesia and Ghana where he worked as school teacher.
He was very dissatisfied that Southern Rhodesia was a British colony governed by a white minority, this prevalence necessitated him to embraced Marxism and joined African nationalist protests calling for an independent black-led state. This development led him into making anti-government comments and it landed him into prison between 1964 and 1974. After some time he was granted bail and he fled to Mozambique, established his leadership of ZANU and oversaw ZANU’s role in the Rhodesian Bush War, fighting Ian Smith’s predominantly white government. Robert Mugabe partook in a peace negotiations brokered by the United Kingdom that resulted in the Lancaster House Agreement.
Early Life And Date Of Birth
Robert Gabriel Mugabe the former president of Zimbabwe who submitted resignation letter in 2017 was born on 21 February 1924 at the Kutama Mission village in Southern Rhodesia’s Zvimba District. His father’s name is Gabriel Matibiri, a carpenter while his mother Bona taught Christian catechism to the village children. His parents were trained in their professions by the Jesuits, the Roman Catholic apostolic order which had established the mission. The politician and long time president was born into a family of six , his siblings include Miteri (Michael), Raphael, Robert, Dhonandhe (Donald), Sabina, and Bridgette.
Robert Gabriel Mugabe family belongs to the Zezuru clan, one of the smallest branches of the Shona tribe. His paternal grandfather was Constantine Karigamombe, alias “Matibiri”, a strong powerful man, who served King Lobengula in the 19th century. In the year 1930 Robert Mugabe had a fight with one of the Jesuits which later led to his family being driven away from the village by its French leader, Father Jean-Baptiste Loubiere. They left the village to settle in another town which is about seven miles away, although the children were permitted to remain at the mission primary school, living with relatives in Kutama . They children would return to their parents during during weekend.
Some years later, Robert’s older brother Raphael died, after battling with diarrhoea. In early 1934, Robert’s other older brother, Michael, also died, after consuming poisoned maize. The situation became unbearable and Gabriel resorted to searching for a job as a means to escape his situation. Few years later, he abandoned Bona and their six children and established a relationship with another woman, and they have three children together.
According to the history of Robert Gabriel Mugabe, he had taught at various schools around Southern Rhodesia, among them the Dadaya Mission school in Shabani. During his time as a school teacher he wasn’t involved in politics and did not participate in the country’s 1948 general strike as well.
Between 1955 to 1958, Mugabe lived in neighbouring Northern Rhodesia, where he worked at Chalimbana Teacher Training College in Lusaka. He also furthered his education by working on a second degree by correspondence, this time a Bachelor of Administration from the University of London International Programmes through distance and learning. In the year 1958, Robert Mugabe relocated to Ghana where he worked at St Mary’s Teacher Training College in Takoradi. According to the politician, he revealed his main reason behind his relocation to Ghana, he said he travelled to Ghana as as an adventurist.
“I wanted to see what it would be like in an independent African state” Reacall that Ghana had been the first African state to gain independence from European colonial powers and under the leadership of Kwame Nkrumah underwent a range of African nationalist reforms . This was why Mugabe was interested in the country and wanted to witness how things would be like in the country.
Robert Gabriel Mugabe is one of the most educated politician in African who attended several academic institutions. Mugabe holds seven degrees from South Africa’s Fort Hare University. He served as secretary general of the Maoist Zimbabwe African National Union,a position he was given in the year 1963. Fast forward to the year 1964, Mugabe was sentenced to 10 years in prison for “subversive speech” against the Rhodesian government.
In the aspect of his Political affiliation, Mugabe leads the Zimbabwe African National Union – Patriotic Front, a socialist party founded in 1987. Mugabe and his party are also heavily nationalist with left-wing ideology, favoring land seizures from white Zimbabweans while claiming that doing so counters the nation’s imperialist past. He has held so many positions in the history of Zimbabwean politics, he is faced probably the strongest, most organized opposition in the Movement for Democratic Change. He once accused the MDC of being Western-backed, using this as an excuse to persecute MDC members and order the arbitrary arrest of and violence against supporters.
After leading Zimbabwe since its independence in 1980, Robert Mugabe has formally stepped down as the country’s president. According to revelations, the former president submitted his resignation just hours after parliament started an impeachment process against him as revealed by Jacob Mudenda, the speaker . The 93-year-old leader was named the world’s oldest sitting head of state prior to his resignation.
When the news of his resignation break, scenes of jubilation were seen on the streets of Harare, the capital, as residents cheered on hearing the news. Before this development, there were political tension in the country after fears of an attempted coup on November 15, which was denied by the military, against Mugabe’s government. As a result of this event, Zimbabwe’s army seized the headquarters of the state broadcaster ZBC in Harare and blocked off access to government offices.
Tens of thousands of people took to the streets of Zimbabwe over the last week to demand Mugabe step down. According to history, Mugabe came to power when Zimbabwe won independence in 1980 and has ruled the people of Zimbabwe for 37-year . He has been heavily criticized for repression of dissent, election rigging, and for causing the country’s economic collapse.
Robert Mugabe’s Quotes
Robert Mugabe is a man that is widely recognised for his funny and educative quotes, find some of his quotes after the jump.
- If u are ugly, u are ugly. Stop talking about inner beauty coz men don’t walk with X – Rays to see inner beauty
- Dear ladies if your boyfriends didn’t wish u a happy mother’s day, you should stop breastfeeding them
- Any man who successfully convinces a monkey that honey is sweeter than banana is capable of selling condoms to a Roman father
- Whenever things start going on well in your life, the devil comes along and gives u a girlfriend
- Sometimes you look back at girls you spent money on rather than sending it to your mum and you realize witchcraft is real
- It’s every man’s dream to remove a lady’s pants one day but not when its on a drying line
- Women with beauty and no brains, its your private part that suffers the most
- Dating a slim / slender guy is cool, the only problem is when u are lying on his chest then his ribs draw Adidas lines on your face
- All I hear is “NO S3X BEFORE MARRIAGE”. If that was God’s plan then u would have receive your penis or vagina on your wedding day
- Its hard to bewitch an African lady these days. Every time you take a piece of her hair to the witch doctor , either a Brazilian innocent women gets mad or a factory in China catches fire
- Respect pregnant women coz its not easy walking around with the evidence that u have had s3x
- It is better for a man to be stingy with his money because he hustled for it, than a woman to deny him a hole she didn’t drill
- We are living in a generation where lovers are free to touch each others private parts but cannot touch each others phone.
- Keep every part of your towel clean coz the part that cleans your buttocks today will wipe your face tomorrow
- Some girls of today can’t jog for five minutes, but they expect a guy to last in bed with them for 2 hours. Your level of selfishness demands a one week crusade
- Nothing makes a woman more confused than being in a relationship with a broke man who is extremely good in bed
- If you have attended 200 weddings and u are still single u are not different from a canopy.
- Virginity is the best gift any man would like to receive from his newly wedded wife but these days there is nothing as such because it will have already been given as Birthday gift, Employment seeking token and Examination High score token
- If u are a husband and finds your self being interested in a school girl, buy your wife a school uniform
- Ladies never trust or love a guy who texts you “I MISS U” only when its raining coz u are not an umbrella