Due to the frequent questions coming from several readers of this website via the comment session concerning Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment 2018 form, we are hereby informing the general public that NPS recruitment form is not available yet but will be coming out anytime soon. This information was obtained from the official statement of the Federal Government. It was made known that Nigerian Prison Service will be embarking on 2018 recruitment to select “6,545” staff members in different cadre of the service.
This was made known by Comptroller General (CG), NPS, “Mr Jaffaru Ahmed” on Monday in Abuja during the 2018 budget defence in the House of Representatives. Ahmed explained that the service had inadequate personnel, which prompted the waiver for employment, saying that N6 billion has been earmarked for it. On the 2018 budget the CG said that N72.3 billion was proposed out of which N37.5 was earmarked for personnel with N19 billion for overhead and N16 billion for feeding of inmates and dogs.
He said that the service would embark on mechanised agriculture to enable prisoners produce enough food to feed themselves, saying that this would reduce high financial burden laid on the Federal Government. According to him, the service spends over N16 billion each year to feed about 72,000 inmates in the country.
This article was created due to the rate at which different questions as was being directed at us regarding Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment 2018. This piece is put together to oblige all interested NPS candidates all information that they need to know about this recruitment as well as the official portal , application form, requirements, qualifications and what have you. According to observations, Nigeria Prisons Service (NPS) recruitment 2018 is highly expected to kick off any time soon but a lot of aspirants wants to know the exact date that this recruitment is going down. If you want to be guided on this quest then you should keep on reading this article as it will direct you and tell you all you need to arm yourself with .
Several persons who are keen about this recruitment has been waiting for it to start, they are yearning for legit information about the selection process . Many prospective applicants have been asking lots of questions about this recruitment; some of the most asked questions are — When will Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment start, How Can I Apply for Nigeria Prisons Service 2018/2019,I need Nigeria Prisons Service updates, Is the Nigeria Prisons Service 2018 Recruitment Form out, Is Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment Real for 2018 etc.
What is Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS)
The Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) is a government agency of Nigeria which operates prisons. The agency is headquartered in Abuja, and it is under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior and the Civil Defence Immigration and Prisons Board. The key purpose of NPS recruitment is to create more jobs for Nigerian youths both graduates and undergraduates. By so doing, the currently rate of unemployment in the country will be curbed and reduced to the barest minimum. Federal Government of Nigeria is now doing everything within her power to provide job for the youths , that is why so many employment schemes has been set up , a good example is the N-power scheme.
Rumors is being circulated round the country that NPS recruitment is currently ongoing , please disregard this news because it is not true. We have come across some online portals where email address and phone numbers are being provided for desperate people who are in search for NPS application form. They claim to be an NPS official who is entrusted with the sales of the form. Please you don’t have to wast your time, energy and money because this information is fake. Please Note that at this point in time, the application is not yet online, do not accept any form of advertisement you see or come across online. For now, we are going to give you some information you might need – here is some of the breakdown.
If you want to be very sure if the Nigeria Prisons Service (NPS) Recruitment 2018/2019 has officially started for real, reach out to the official Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment website: http://www.prisons.gov.ng/ or Visit this page frequently for we shall update anytime the Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment form is out.
NPS Recruitment 2018 Requirements And Academic Qualifications
- Applicants must be a Nigerian citizen by birth or descent;
- Applicants must not be less than 18 years or more than 35 years of age;
- Applicants must not be less than 1.7 metres in height for male and 1.64 metres for female;
- Applicants must have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres;
- Applicants must be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service;
- Applicants must not be suffering from any form of mental or physical disability;
- Applicants must be free from any form of financial embarrassment;
- Applicants must be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offense;
- In addition, candidates with any of the following medical cases need not apply:
- Sight problem;
- Hearing difficulties;
- Fracture, stammering or any other natural disability;
- Pregnant women
- Previous major orthopedic operation;
- Flat foot.
- Applicants must possess National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must have “General Certificate of Education” (Advance Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.) or
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution
You can access the NPS application form here (http://www.prisons.gov.ng/) once it begin. You are also advised to visit this page frequently for regular update.
Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment 2018