UPDATE: Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2018/2019 is being awaited by members of the public. If you are one of those persons aspiring to join the Nigeria Immigration then you are very lucky to be reading this piece right now because it is going to address Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2018 and get you acquainted with application form, requirements, qualifications and guidelines on online registration process.
This post is created to give you the latest updates, on Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2018 application form, it contains everything you need to know about Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2018 selection process that will holding nationwide. Please note that NIS 2018 form is not out yet, it will be commencing soon.
A lot of person has been asking several questions concerning the long awaited NIS recruitment form, some of the most asked questions are ;
“When will 2018 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment start, What are the Requirements for 2018/2019 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment, How can i Apply for Nigeria Immigration Service 2018/2019 Recruitment, Where can i obtain the 2018 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment form, I need Nigeria Immigration Service updates, Is Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment Real for 2018” and so on.
Over the years, the NIS has witnessed series of upgrade since it was extracted from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) in 1958. The Immigration Department, as it was known then, was entrusted with the core immigration duties under the headship of the Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO) and the first to sit on that chair was in the person of Mr. EH Harrison. The department in its emergent stages inherited the Immigration Ordinance of 1958 for its operation. e Immigration Department was established by an Act of Parliament (Cap 171, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria) on August 1, 1963.
At the inception of the body, the department had a narrow operational scope and maintained a low profile and simple approach in attaining the desired goals and objectives of government. During this period, only the Visa and Business Sections were set up.
General Requirements for Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
- Be a Nigerian citizen by birth or descent;
- Not less than 18 years or more than 35 years of age;
- Not less than 1.7 metres in height for male and 1.64 metres for female;
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres;
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service;
- Not suffering from any form of mental or physical disability;
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment;
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence;
- Candidates with any of the following medical cases need not apply:
- Sight problem;
- Hearing difficulties;
- Previous major orthopedic operation;
- Flat foot;
- Fracture, stammering or any other natural disability;
- Pregnant women
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Academic Qualifications
- Applicants must possess West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; OR
- Posses National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or
- General Certificate of Education (Advance Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.)
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2018 : How To Apply Online
Suitably qualified candidates should visit Nigeria Immigration Service official website on http://www.nisrecruitment.org.ng . Complete the online registration form when you get there.
RECOMMENDED: Nigeria Postal Code | Postal Code For Nigeria States
Members and general public are therefore warned to desist from interacting with anybody online that claim to be NIS official and in charge of the sales of Nigeria Immigration Service 2018 form. This is done as a measure to prevent you from falling a victim .
At the time of publishing this article the Nigeria Immigration Service 2018 form is not yet out, reports suggest that it will be out soon.
Always visit this page for more update .