NDA Admission Application Form 2018/2019 70th Regular Course & Registration Guide
If you are aspiring to join The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna then note that we are going to update you on the latest development concerning the NDA 2018/2019 Admission Application Form (70th Regular Course) and the registration guide.
If you are interested in participating in the 2018 selection exercise of Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) then we strongly counsel you to go through this article thoroughly. You have all the information about NDA admission form for 2018/2019 academic session.
A lot of Nigerian Defence Academy prospective applicants have contacted us on several occasions trying to inquire when the Nigerian Defence Academy 70th regular course admission form will be out, some wants to know when the NDA Entrance Examination will take place. If you find yourself on this page and what brought you here is update on Nigerian Defence Academy 70th regular course admission, then you are on the right path as you will getting yourself informed as regards to everything you ought to known concerning The Nigerian Defence Academy 70th regular course admission online application form .
Nigeria Defense Academy (NDA) 2018 Application Closing Date
For those of you who wish to know when Nigerian Defence Academy 70th regular course admission online application form will be coming out, please have in mind that the admission form is finally out and the closing date has been extended to 9th March 2018 so as to allow those that haven’t completed the online registration do so.
NDA Enrance Examination Venues
On the other hand, The NDA Entrance Examination is schedule for Saturday 19th May, 2018 at designated centres nation-wide. Only candidates with JAMB 2018 Registration Number will be eligible to write the exams. NDA will await JAMB 2018 examination results before shortlisting candidates for the 70 RC Armed Forces Selection Board (AFSB) interview.
Minimum Jamb Score For 2018/2019 Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA)
Applicants are urged to understand that only those candidates who score a minimum of 180 in JAMB 2018 examination shall be considered for admission into NDA by the AFSB in the faculties listed below;
- (for Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences,
- Science and Military Science & Interdisciplinary Studies) and
- 210 (for Faculty of Engineering).
Don’t also forget in a hurry that NDA will only be accepting those candidates with 2018 Registration Number and subsequent JAMB results will be considered in the NDA admission process as well.
NDA 70th Regular Course General Admission Requirements
2018/2019 NDA candidates are directed to access the requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes in the NDA official application portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure. NDA website / applications portal also contain all other relevant information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres. Also understand that any candidate with knowledge of French Language is an added advantage .
1. Candidate must have the following requirements to be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy:
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) or GCE ‘O’ Level obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
- Candidates must have credit in English Language and Mathematics.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor.
- At least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences while that of Faculty of Science is shown in the columns for compulsory and relevant credits. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.58 metres for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old as at the month of August in the year of entry into the Academy (2019). Note that candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry, and also the Nigerian Army has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
- Working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage.
2. NDA Candidates should also take note the following:
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted.
- Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, and is limited to Navy and Army in the case of female candidates
- Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
NDA 70th Regular Course Method of Application.
- Candidates should visit the application portal at www.ndaapplications.net ,
- Select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,500.00 only.
- Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Interested candidates are advised to go online and complete the application form on the websites indicated above. Please download and read carefully, the Instructions provided on the website before submitting application.
Applicants applying for admission into NDA MUST also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), but may not necessarily select NDA as their choice of university. Such applicants are expected to sit for the JAMB Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA official portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications should be submitted online. On completion of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form. Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates should return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card. Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off mark will be allowed to participate in the NDA Entrance Examination.
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cutoff mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice.
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on “Saturday 19th May, 2018”. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Examination Centre on the examination date. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam Number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back. Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Regular Course cadets will train in NDA. All aspects of the cadets’ administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government.
NATURE AND DURATION OF TRAINING
Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course will , undergo military and academic training [mental and physical] as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air force cadets.
On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (B.Sc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry Department, NDA.
Application Portal: www.ndaapplications.net
For more information visit NDA official portal at www.ndaapplications.net.