BIRTH NAME : Nkiruka ‘Kiki’ Omeili
STAGE NAME: Kiki Omeili
NET WORTH :
DATE OF BIRTH/AGE : (born 23th of January)
PLACE OF BIRTH: Born in Lagos
OCCUPATION : Nigerian Actress, presenter, doctor
NATIONALITY : Nigerian
MARITAL STATUS/HUSBAND :
PARENTS : Omeili’s Father Charles was a banker with First Bank Nigeria and retired as a general manager, while her mother Maureen was the Controller of Prisons in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
EDUCATION : She obtained a Medical degree from the College of Medicine, University of Lagos in year 2016
Who is Kiki Omeili?
Born Nkiruka ‘Kiki’ Omeili better known as Kiki Omeili is a Nigerian actress, producer, director, best known for her exceptional and outstanding role as Lovette in the TV series Lekki Wives.
The gorgeous actress is also well known for role as Blessing in the 2015 crime caper, Gbomo Gbomo Express alongside Gideon Okeke. There is no doubt, she is currently one of the top Nollywood actress today and she has won several awards.
Early life and Background
Kiki Omeili was born and bred in Lagos State in the south western part of Nigeria. She is the second of four children of Charles and Maureen Omeili. She is ethnic Igbo from Nimo in Anambra State. Omeili’s father Charles was a banker with First Bank Nigeria and retired as a general manager, while her mother Maureen was the Controller of Prisons in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. She officially started acting during her primary and secondary school days where she began performing in stage plays.
She continued acting when she got into the University as she joined a drama club and acted in various productions as well as taking part in several drama competitions. She obtained a Medical degree from the College of Medicine, University of Lagos in year 2016 and launched her profesional acting career in Nollywood.
Career and Success
She officially made up her mind to become a professional Nollywood actress in year 2011 when she auditioned for and got the role of Debbie in the TV series “Behind the Smile”. She teamed up with the director of “Behind the Smile”, Tunde Olaoye in 2012 to star in her debut feature film “Married but living single” where she acted along side some big guns in the industry the likes of Funke Akindele, Joseph Benjamin, Femi Brainard and Joke Silva. She has also had a role in some numbers of series including “The Valley Between”, “NESREA Watch”, “Lekki Wives” and “Gidi Culture”.
Aside moving acting, Nkiruka ‘Kiki’ Omeili also has involvement in other areas of entertainment. Omeili hosted the Dance reality TV show “Dance 234”, a Koga entertainment production in year 2011. She also hosts the health segment on Smooth FM’s Saturday morning radio show called “Balancing Life” and writes numerous articles in online blogs. She also “emcees” various events and has done voice-overs for projects including LG and the MTN world cup countdown programme in 2009.
It was made known in August 2013 that Lekki Wives would be renewed for a second season, and she was one of the lined up actress to feature in the movies , her contract was renewed to reprise her role as Lovette. She starred in the Nigerian Box Office hit; Couple of Days in year 2016 where her played of the character Joke, got wonderful reviews from critics. Iterum a short film directed by Stanlee Ohikhuare in May 2016 and starring Kiki Omeili and Paul Utomi was premiered at the 69th Annual Cannes Film Festival.
Fast forward to May 31, 2016, she made her debut as a movie producer, with the release of the Short Film Unprotected. According to revelations about the movie, the film was based on true events, which she observed as a medical student in the university. The lead character in the movies is Kiki Omeili, while others like Eric Didie, Bimbo Ademoye, Blessing Ambrose and Nathan Kingsley played supporting roles.
She officially began production of her debut full-length feature film, Run in June 2018, a movie directed by Uche Chukwu one of the best movie director in Africa.
Awards And Recognition
- She received the award for the ‘Best Actress (Supporting Role in an English language film)’ at the 17th African Film Awards (formerly known as the Afro Hollywood Awards) in London in October 2012.
- Omeili was listed among the Top 25 New Faces of Nollywood by Nigerian Entertainment Today (NET) Newspaper in May 2014. She had also been listed by Nigerian tabloid newspaper ‘The Sun’ as one of Nollywood’s fastest rising stars earlier in 2014.
- She earned a nomination for the ‘TV Actress of the Year’ at the Exquisite Lady of the Year (ELOY) Awards in November 2014. She was nominated for her lead role in the Television series ‘Lekki Wives’.
Omeili was nominated for Best Lead Actress in a Short Film at the Berlin 2016 – Film Fest International Awards for her role in the film, Deluded in October 2016.
- Omeili won the award for the Best Supporting Actress for her role in the Movie – Sting, at the 2015 Global Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA), which held in the USA.
- In July 2016, Omeili won the award for Best Supporting Actress of the Year at the 2016 City People Entertainment Awards in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Omeili, was unveiled as a Festival Ambassador at the 2017 Realtime film festival in recognition of her contribution to the Nigerian film industry.
- In 2018, Omeili won the best supporting actress award at the World Music and Independent Film Festival, which held in the Caribbean Islands for her role in the movie 3Some. She was also nominated for Best Actress at the Realtime film festival that same year.
- Behind the Smile
- 2011 Nowhere to be Found
- 2011 Footprints
- 2012 Married but Living Single
- 2012 NESREA Watch Mrs. Irabor
- 2012 Binding Duty
- 2012 The Valley Between
- 2012 Gidi Culture
- 2012 A Mother’s Fight
- 2012 Lekki Wives
- 2013 Kpians: The Feast of Souls
- 2013 Consenting Adults
- 2013 24/7
- 2013 Oblivious
- 2013 Lekki Wives (Season 2) Lovette
- 2013 Sting
- 2013 The Glass House
- 2014 The Antique
- 2014 Same Difference
- 2014 A Dead End
- 2014 Next Door to Happiness
- 2014 A Place Called Happy
- 2014 Friends and Lovers
- 2014 +234 Sandra Lawson
- 2015 Gbomo Gbomo Express
- 2015 Jimi Bendel
- 2016 Fast Cash
- 2016 Iterum Ireti
- 2016 Fast Cash
- 2016 Blame It on Me
- 2016 The Happyness Limited
- 2016 This Thing Called Marriage
- 2016 Moth To A Flame
- 2017 Echoes of Silence
- 2017 Low lives and High Hopes
- 2017 Light in the Dark
- 2017 What Lies Within
- 2017 Sunday and Lolade