FULL/REAL NAME: David Olaniyi Oyedepo Better Known as David Oyedepo
DATE OF BIRTH: Born September 27, 1954 [ age 63]
OCCUPATION: Nigerian Pastor, Author, Educationist, Minister and Architect
MARITAL STATUS/SPOUSE: Married to Florence Abiola Akano aka Mummy Faith
NET WORTH: US$150 million (Forbes, 2011)
CHILDREN: David Oyedepo Jnr, Isaac Oyedepo, Love Oyedepo Ogah, Joys Oyedepo
HOUSE : Has houses in Nigeria, United states and London
PRIVATE JET: Owns private jet
BOOKS: Scroll down to see list of his authored books
David Olaniyi Oyedepo is one of the most popular Nigerian pastor , Christian author, architect, preacher, the founder / presiding Bishop of the one of the biggest church Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel. They are also behind the megachurch known as Faith Tabernacle situated in Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. Bishop Oyedepo is the front-line and senior pastor of Faith Tabernacle, a 50,000-seat church auditorium, reported to be the largest church auditorium in the world according to the Guinness Book of Records.
The Winners’ Chapel network have successfully spread it wings across many Nigerian states amounting to over 300 cities all together in the country. The Winners’ Chapel church is among the well-known church in several cities in 45 African nations, Dubai, the United Kingdom and the United States. The president of Winners’ Chapel, David O. Oyedepo has been siad to be one of the most powerful preachers in Nigeria and considered one of the pioneers of the Christian charismatic movement in Africa. According to a publication released by Forbes magazine in 2011, David O. Oyedepo was crowned the richest pastor in Nigeria. The highly sought-after clergy man is the Chancellor of Covenant University and Landmark University.
Early Life , History And Background
David Olaniyi Oyedepo was born on September 27, 1954 in Osogbo, Nigeria, but he is originally from Omu-Aran, Kwara State, Nigeria. His parent was of a mixed religions but they were able to manage their religious differences before the birth of the Great man of God. His father, Ibrahim, was a Muslim healer. His mother, Dorcas, was a member of the Eternal Order of the Cherubim and Seraphim Movement (C&S), a branch of the Aladura movement in Nigeria. David Olaniyi Oyedepo was raised by his grandmother in Osogbo, who introduced him to the virtues of Christian life via early morning prayers which they always attended together .
Oyedepo officially gave his life to Christ in the year 1969, through the influence of his teacher, Betty Lasher, who picked special interest in him during his high school days. Talking about Bishop David Oyedepo Education, he attended Kwara State Polytechnic where he obtained a degree in Architecture. He sojourned at Federal Ministry of Housing in Ilorin where he worked briefly before resigning with the intention to concentrate on missionary work. Oyedepo received a Ph.D. in Human Development from Honolulu University, Hawaii, United States . He legally tied the knot with his lovely wife Florence Abiola Akano (now known as Mummy Faith) in the year 1982 and they are blessed with four children together (David Jr, Isaac, Love and Joyce) . Meanwhile, Oyedepo’s products David Jr and Isaac Oyedepo were ordained as Pastors in May 2007 by Kenneth Copeland to join their father in the promoting and winning souls for the Lord. David Jr is the pastor that is currently in charge of London Branch of the Church with His wife, Kemi while Isaac Oyedepo is the present Resident Pastor of Winners’ Chapel International, South Africa.
According to the famous man of God, he revealed that he got a command from God through an 18-hour vision in May 1981, to liberate/free the world from all oppression of the devil through the preaching of the word of faith. This was the one vision that marked the beginning of operation of Living Faith Church World Wide (LFCWW), which was initially called Liberation Faith Hour Ministries, in 1981. After two years on September 17, 1983 precisely , Pastor Enoch Adeboye, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, ordained David and his wife, Florence Abiola Akano (known as Faith Abiola Oyedepo) to become pastors and officially commissioned the new church. Oyedepo was ordained as Bishop five years later.
During the inception of Living Faith Church (AKA Winners Chapel) , it was formed in Kaduna but was later moved to Lagos, the former capital of Nigeria in July 1989, to start a new branch of the church after Oyedepo claimed to have received instructions from God to reach out to the people of Lagos. Oyedepo is currently the richest Nigerian pastor today , a spot a secured with a net worth of over USD $150 million . He is the first Nigerian pastor to acquire a private jet and several buildings in all corners of Nigeria and the world, including London and the United States. Aside gospel preaching, he is an author and publisher who has written over 70 books apart from periodicals. Oyedepo is currently the Chairman/Publisher of Dominion Publishing House (DPH), a publishing arm of the ministry. DPH has over 4 million prints in circulation to date. With the aid of his Covenant University, he have successfully founded Faith Academy and Kingdom Heritage Model Schools with the big intention to equip the youth for global impact. According to revelations , the construction of a third university named Crown University is already is in progress and it is situated in Calabar, Cross Rivers state, Nigeria.
Place of Worship | Living Faith Church ( Winners Chapel International )
According to the servant of God, he was instructed by God to build a new base for the Commission to accommodate the increasing number of worshipers in the year 1998. This quest brought about the church’s acquisition of the initial 530-acre (2.1 km2) facility, known as Canaanland, which is the church headquarters today. Canaanland, is the home of the 50,000-seat capacity auditorium, the ‘Faith Tabernacle’, which is said to be the largest church auditorium in the world today according to Guinness Book of Records . But this was relatively rare and biggest accomplishment of the church. Reports has it that the church was built debt free and the construction took about one year to get completed.
Canaanland is in Ota, Ogun state and is the 5,000-acre (20 km2) estate and campus, that houses The 50,000 church building, the church secretariat, the church’s youth chapel, a primary school called Kingdom heritage model school, a full boarding mission secondary school called Faith Academy, with over 1,500 students and the Covenant University facilities, which accommodates over 7,000 students, fully resident in ultra-modern hostel facilities, with fully equipped faculty buildings and numerous staff housing facilities.
Canaanland campus also has for profit establishments operated by the church such as a bakery, a bottled water processing plant, a petrol station, various restaurants and shopping stores, several residential houses that provide for the over 2,000 church employees, and guest houses. Four banks are also present on this Estate, three of which are branches of external commercial banks and one which is a community and micro-finance Bank and operated by the Church. The whole of Canaanland which includes a proposed 15,000 housing estate known as Canaan City had increased to 17,000 acres as at 2012.
Christian Ministry | Bishop Oyedepo’s Winners Chapel Ministry
The teachings of Oyedepo is a unique one that place him in the category of what is commonly called the Word of Faith Movement. He is seen as one who expounds, represents and advocates the Faith Movement by people like Kenneth Copeland, Gloria Copeland, the late Kenneth Hagin, E. W. Kenyon, T. L. Osborn, Smith Wigglesworth as well as renowned Nigerian preachers Enoch Adeboye and the late Benson Idahosa as mentors. His church Winners Chapel also operates a Bible training programme known as Word of Faith Bible Institute for members and non-members alike to develop knowledge of Christian principles and to prepare future pastors for the task ahead of their career.
David Oyedepo Books | His Book Publishing
Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel operates its own publishing house, called Dominion Publishing House (DPH) and it was officially commissioned on December 5, 1992, had since published over 70 Christian, inspirational and motivational books, mini books, magazines and other resources.
Some of his selected books;
- Anointing for Breakthrough
- Understanding Vision
- Towards Excellence in Life and Ministry
- Success Systems
- Pillars of Destiny
- Signs and Wonders Today
- Anointing for Exploits
- Understanding Financial Prosperity
- The Healing Balm
- Success Strategies
- Breaking Financial Hardship
- In Pursuit of Vision
- Understanding Divine Direction
- The Winning Wisdom
- The Force of Freedom
- Walking in the Newness of Life
- Exploits in Ministry
- The Unlimited Power of Faith
- Winning Prayer
- Understanding the Power of Praise
- Releasing the Supernatural
- Walking in the Miraculous
- Understanding the Anointing
- Exploits of Faith
- The Blood Triumph
- Satan Get Lost
Bishop Oyedepo’s Family | Wife And Children
Bishop David Oyedepo is married to Florence Abiola Akano who is generally referred to as [Mummy Faith] and their union is blessed with four kids namely David Jr, Love, Joys, and Isaac. As i said earlier, David Jr and Isaac are ordained pastors.
Bishop David Oyedepo : Business Investments
The servant of God has proven to be a skilled entrepreneur by successfully running his many innovations and investments that have added to the growth of his church and the country as a whole.
Bishop David Oyedepo : Net Worth 2017
In 2011, Forbes Magazine listed Bishop David Oyedepo as the richest pastor in Nigeria. He was crowned the wealthiest preacher in Nigeria with a net worth of over USD $150 million.
Forty  Things To Know About Bishop David Oyedepo
- He was born to a Muslim father and Cherubim and Seraphim mother.
- He is a PhD holder in Human Development from the University of Honolulu in the United States of America.
- He met his wife when he was 22.
- He was born on September 27, 1954.
- He was named in 2011 by Forbes Magazine as the richest pastor in Nigeria, worth over $150 million.
- His middle name is Olaniyi.
- He is a native of Omu Aran, Kwara state, but was born in Oshogbo, Osun state.
- He organises a yearly programme called Shiloh at Canaanland, Ota, Ogun state.
- He first shared the gospel in March 1970.
- He has set up three universities without government assistance; Covenant University, Ota, Landmark University at Omu Aran and Crown University at Calabar.
- Five years after his ordination as a pastor, he was ordained a bishop in 1988.
- His mentors include; Enoch Adeboye, Late Benson Idahosa, Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and Late Kenneth Hagin
- He has four children, two boys; David Jnr and Isaac and two girls; Love and Joyce.
- Having rejected a charm his father gave him, he developed whitlow on a finger on his right hand. He wrote three exams the next day and came out with a second class division in secondary school.
- He once challenged God to heal him of tuberculosis as a secondary school student, after his fellow mates shifted their beds away from him, and he was healed.
- He studied Architecture at Kwara State Polytechnic, and worked briefly with the Federal Ministry of Housing in Ilorin.
- He got married in 1982.
- His sons were ordained as pastors by Kenneth Copeland in May 2007.
- His grandmother was a devout Anglican.
- His clan, Odo-oro (place of wealth) and family lineage believes in hardwork.
- He has written over 70 Christian, inspirational and motivational books.
- He received a mandate from God through an 18 hour vision in May 1981.
- Dominion Publishing House was established on December 5, 1992, and has over 4 million prints in circulation to date.
- He built Faith Tabernacle within 12 months, debt free.
- Faith Tabernacle was dedicated on September 18, 1999, under Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration.
- Oyedepo Ministries International include; four private jets, estates, restaurants, shopping stores, bakery, processing plants, commercial properties and educational institutions etc.
- He is a strong critic of corruption in Africa as a whole and poor leadership in government.
- His hobbies include; reading, reasoning, planning and writing.
- His awards include; International Who is Who of Intellectuals, 13th Edition of International Biographical Centre,
- Cambridge, England and Inscribed in the Jerusalem 3000 Scroll #102268 among others.
- He is the president of World Mission Agency Incorporated (WMA), a Christian Ministry Organisation with mission stations in over 40 African nations, also in Europe, Jamaica and America.
- He married Florence Abiola Akano, now Faith Abiola Oyedepo.
- He is affectionately called ‘Papa’ by members of his congregation.
- Bishop Oyedepo and his wife were ordained by Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the G.O of RCCG on 17th September 1983.
- His son, David Jnr pastors the London branch of the church, with his wife, Kemi.
- Isaac Oyedepo is the present resident pastor of Winners’ Chapel International, South Africa.
- Some of his Best Selling books include; Pillars of Faith, Born to Win, Possessing your Possession amongst others
- His association with Pastor Enoch Adeboye dates back to the 80s
- He has empowered over 2,000 of church members.
- Betty Lasher a missionary teacher facilitated his becoming a born-again Christian in 1969.
- Living Faith Tabernacle, Ota, which he heads, seats 50,000. It is reported to be the largest church auditorium in the world, benchmarked in the Guinness Book of Records in 2008 and 2009.
- He met his wife at a motor park.
Thanks for stopping by.