REAL NAME: Innocent Ujah Idibia
STAGE NAME : 2face Idibia, Tuface or simply 2Baba
NET WORTH :
DATE OF BIRTH: Born 18th of September 1975 [age 42]
PLACE OF BIRTH : Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria
OCCUPATION: Nigerian singer, songwriter, record producer and entrepreneur.
MARITAL STATUS: Married
WIFE : Annie Macaulay
RECORD LABEL : Hypertek Digital
EDUCATION : Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu (IMT) [didn’t graduate]
ASSOCIATED ACTS : Plantashun Boyz, Faze, Blackface Sound Sultan, Victor Uwaifo and M.I
His given name is Innocent Ujah Idibia but he is popularly known by his stage name 2Baba or 2face Idibia, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, record producer and entrepreneur. He adopted the stage name 2face Idibia Prior to July 2014 and fans has recognised him with code name since then . Undoubtedly, 2face Idibia is one of the most successful, most decorated and most bankable artists in Africa. He is one of those few Nigerian musician that created inroad for Africa into the global musical scene.
Innocent Ujah Idibia has won numerous awards and several nominations to his name. His selected plague include five Headies Awards (Hip-hop award), one MTV Europe Music Award, four Channel O Music Video Awards , one World Music Award , one BET award for his musical work, one MOBO award, one KORA award, four MTV Africa Music Awards and accompanied by numerous nominations. Continue reading 2face Idibia’s biography/profile after the cut.
Early Life And Background
2face Idibia was born on the 18th of September 1975 as Innocent Ujah Idibia to an unpopular family in Jos, Nigeria. He is originally from the Idoma ethnic group in the southern part of Benue State, in central Nigeria, Okpokwu LGA . He received his basic education at Mount Saint Gabriel’s Secondary School in Makurdi, Benue State. He proceeded to Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu (IMT), where he did his preliminary National Diploma course in business administration and management. His musical career kick started while he was schooling at IMT, he got the opportunity to performed at school organised shows and parties, as well as other regional schools such as the University of Nigeria and Enugu State University of Science & Technology. After few years of juggling his music career with his education, he eventually gave up education to focus on his career . He officially started composing and singing while attending IMT, he performed at jingles at the GB Fan Club at Enugu State Broadcasting Services (ESBS) in 1996.
The code name “2Face” was adopted by him in the year 1996 and he disclosed the reason as “trying to demarcate my personal life with my business life”. He has been able to achieve a lot from his music business and at the same time put Africa on the map in terms of global music.
After dropping out of school and launching his profession music career , he moved to Lagos and started performing with rapper Blackface Naija. He met Blackface while he still schooling at Institute of Management & Technology, Enugu (IMT). He teamed up with Faze (Chibuzor Oji) and Blackface (Ahmedu Augustine Obiabo) to found the trio band “Plantashun Boiz”. This music group was the best in those days and they were making big money and many Nigerian musicians were still trying to gain recognition. Plantashun Boiz released two successful albums: “Body and Soul” (2000) and “Sold Out” (2003) under the Nelson Brown’s owned Label “Dove Records” , they parted ways in 2004 and started pursuing their solo career. After disbanding and finding their different route, they started dissing each other and it lasted for many years .
Fans pleaded with them to come back but left for them , they didn’t see any future with each other . They finally came back in 2007 but not to reform the ground this time but to record a third and final album entitled Plan B (2007). That was how the group came to an abrupt halt . Following the disbandment of Plantashun Boyz in 2004, they launch their solo musical careers and Tuface Idibia took the lead as he released his debut solo album “Face 2 Face” (2004), which established him as a viable solo artist.
In 2016, he released his follow up his second album “Grass 2 Grace” which contained hits “One Love”, “True Love, “4 Instance”. He later founded his own record label Hypertek Entertainment. In 2008, he released a promotion album in 2008 called “The Unstoppable” which spawn the single “Enter the Place”. In 2010, 2face released an “international edition” of the same under the title The Unstoppable International Edition making him the first Nigerian artist to have an appropriately priced international album. He also released two more singles from the international version of his Unstoppable album. 2face is part and parcel of the Sony All African One8 Project alongside seven other musicians across Africa recording a single with R. Kelly and Prince Lee titled “Hands Across the World”. His outstanding contribution to the growth of music in Africa earned him an honorary membership of the Liberian music society, he is the first non-Liberian to join this body. He was also honored as Red cross ambassador society of Nigeria. He has collaborated with several big names in the entertainment industry both local and internationally . He is a role model to many and widely adored by his colleagues and every entertainer in Nigeria music industry as a result of his flair in music.
2face Idibia has many endorsement deals to his name including Guinness, Nigerian Breweries , Hennessy, GLOBACOM , etc. He is also the brand ambassador for National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
Personal Life , Marriage , Wife And Baby Mamas
On 2 May 2012, 2Face Idibia got married to his first love Annie Macaulay in Lagos, Nigeria in a private ceremony. They had their traditional wedding on 8 March 2013 in Eket, Akwa-Ibom State Nigeria. Annie Macaulay and 2Face had a white wedding in Dubai, on Saturday 23 March 2013 with Nigerian and Ghanaian celebrities in attendance.
On August 17, 2015, 2baba’s wife, Annie Idibia announced that she has opened a beauty salon in Atlanta called BeOlive Hair Studio.
2face Idibia’s Children
2face has 7 children from 4 different women. Sunmbo Ajaba he has sons Zion(January 2006) and Nino(April 2008). With Washington DC based makeup artist Pero Adeniyi—daughter of P music promoter Chief Jide Adeniyi—he has daughter Rose, son Justin, and a newborn son born in April 2012. Annie Macaulay has daughter Isabella(December 2008) . She welcomed her second child on the 4th of January 2014.
On why he chose to marry Annie tout of the other women in his life
“I have been fortunate enough to have met a couple of nice ladies in life and two of them even have children for me. But I think that Annie and I understand each other more. As with matters of the heart, it is very difficult sometimes to find the right words to explain it. Somehow, you just know that this is the particular person that you want to stay with”.
Philanthropy : 2Face Idibia Reach-Out Foundation
2Face Idibia is well known for his Philanthropic acts, he is the owner of an NGO called “2Face Idibia Reach-Out Foundation”. The motto is “service to humanity”. He was appointed as ambassador by National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control in 2009. The “African Queen” crooner released a song “Man Unkind” to raise awareness on the menace of fake and sub-standard food and drug products in Nigeria. He is presently one of the Judges in The Voice Nigeria, alongside other artists like Timi Dakolo, Patoraking and Waje. He was rated 3rd richest musician in the Nigeria in 2013 .
Awards And Nominations
- Best Male Vocalist 2002 Affinity Awards
- Music of the Year 2004 Excellence Recognition Awards
- Musician of the Year 2004 City People Awards for Excellence
- Best selling Nigerian Artist 2008 World Music Awards, Monaco, Spain
- Best R&B MTV Africa Music Awards 2009
- Artist of the Year MTV Africa Music Awards 2010
- Best Male MTV Africa Music Awards 2010
- Best Male Video 2005 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best African Video of the year 2005 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best African Act 2005 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best African Act 2005 MTV Europe Music Awards
- Best African Act 2005 Kora Awards
- Best Musical Artiste 2005 Afro Nollywood Awards
- African Song of The Year (Non Ghanaian) 2005 Ghana Music Awards
- Special Recognition Award 2005 Hip Hop World Awards
- The Outstanding Musician of the Year 2005 Black Heritage Awards for Excellence
- Best Song of The Year 2005 G.C.E International Awards
- Musician of The Year 2006 The Future Awards
- Africa Break Through Artist of the Year 2006 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York
- Best Album of the Year 2007 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York
- Best African Act 2007 MOBO Awards
- Most Gifted West African Video 2010 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best Pop Video for “Implication” 2010 SoundCity Awards
- Best Western 2010 SoundCity AwardsBest Male Vocalist 2004 A.M.E.N Awards
- Song of the Year 2004 A.M.E.N Awards
- Best New Act Male 2004 A.M.E.N Awards
- Best Video 2004 A.M.E.N Awards
- Song of the year for “African Queen” 2004 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York
- New Champions For An Enduring Culture 2011 16th edition of the Annual THISDAY Awards
- Song of the Decade 2007 Nigerian Music Awards
- Best R’n’B / Pop album 2008 Hip-Hop World Awards
- Best African Act 2008 Australian African Awards
- presented by former U.S. President Bill Clinton and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Best International Act: Africa BET Awards of 2011
- Album of the year 2011 Hip-Hop World Awards – “The Headies”
- Outstanding Contribution to the Entertainment Industry 2004 Award for Excellence
- Best Album of the year 2004 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York
- Best Hip Hop and R&B Artiste 2004 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York
- Artist of the year 2011 Hip-Hop World Awards – “The Headies”
- Best R’n’B / Pop album 2011 Hip-Hop World Awards – “The Headies”
- Nominated for Most Gifted Video of the Year for “Only Me” 2011 Channel O Music
- Nominated for Artist of the Year 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards
- Nominated for 2011 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Nominated for Best Male 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards
- Nominated for Best Video for “Enter the Place” 2009 MTV Africa Music Awards
- Nominated for Best African Act 2005 MOBO
- 2004: Face 2 Face
- 2006: Grass 2 Grace
- 2008: The Unstoppable
- 2010: The Unstoppable International Edition
- 2012: Away & Beyond
- 2014: The Ascension
2Face Idibia’s Biography is brought to you by BioNetworth.com.ng